Trident Press Wealth Creation Books

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Small Business Small time.

I have to air my frustration!

Why do so many small busineses act that way?

What way?

SMALL!

They act like a small business.

Learn from the big guns, follow what they do, copy their methods.

I hear people groan all the time my business this and my business that when they are not prepared to look like a big business, act like a big business or generally behave like one.
How do they think they can grow without a business plan? Marketing? etc why won't they put that little bit of effort in to make the business more focussed and streamlined if the end result they are hoping to achieve is a healthy profit line or expansion.

Sure they are happy to juggle, stress and do all the day to day of the business, run themselves ragged all in the name of business yet they won't truly act like a business owner and MANAGE it.

Step back and do the real work. As they say WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER!

Bill Gates has said in the early days of Microsoft working from his garage he answered the phone like a large corporation would, he presented like one, he behaves like a large company from day one. He did this so well no one actually knew he was working from his garage until he became famous and told his story.

Surely in this day and age no believes they can run a successful small business without a plan?

It drives me crazy. They may have the best idea in the world but without planning they are in the dark.

I'll leave you with my frustration now as i'm feeling much better having gotten it off my chest.

Many busineses don't plan to fail but fail to plan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home